- News Digest
- Current Fire Information
The Northwest Fire Science Consortium works to accelerate the awareness, understanding, and adoption of wildland fire science. We connect managers, practitioners, scientists, and local communities and collaboratives working on fire issues on forest and range lands in Washington and Oregon.
May 24th & 25th, 2017 in Vancouver, WA
Join us for a summit on the state of knowledge and available research on fire regimes for forests and grasslands west of the Cascade Range in Oregon and Washington. This summit will bring together fire professionals, land managers, collaboratives & communities, researchers, scientists, and outreach specialists
- Event: April 24 PNW Drought & Climate Outlook
- Publication: Sharing contracted resources for fire suppression: engine dispatch in the Northwestern United States
- Event: June 4 NFPA Conference & Expo
- Publication: Adapt to more wildfire in western North American forests as climate changes
- Event: June 1 Using fire and grazing to maintain productive and ecologically resilient grasslands
- Event: May 9 Making National Spatial Data Work on Your NW Landscape
- Publication: Visions of Restoration in Fire-Adapted Forest Landscapes: Lessons from the Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program
- Publication: Health and Environmental Impacts of Smoke from Vegetation Fires: A Review
- Publication: An Evaluation of the Forest Service Hazardous Fuels Treatment Program—Are We Treating Enough to Promote Resiliency or Reduce Hazard?
- Publication: Effectiveness of public health messaging and communication channels during smoke events: A rapid systematic review